5.10.2009

Pharrell, I ain't trying to kill your mood but I can do the Star Trek sign.

I am by no means a trekkie, although a child of the 90's could hardly escape the prime time takeover of The Next Generation. Because of it's sheer frequency, I came to somwhat begrudge the show. Whereas it's predecessor, with that charmingly outdated 60's sci-fi vibe was always a real treat as a kid, and still holds true today. Throughout childhood my dad was commonly the king of the remote around the house, and was much more amused by cartoons and sports then science fiction. Consequently, I was spared the agony of the repetitive adventures of Enterprise-D. But not Jillian, that's right, my fellow ghosty was brought up in a full fledged nerd lair... I'm exaggerating totally, her pop is not one of those guys that dress up as a Klingon for conventions, but I'm pretty sure he never missed an episode. Maybe we can even accredit some of Jillian's Vulcan-esque intelligence to her dad's valuable influence (a little Star Trek fanaticism never hurt anyone). With all that said, and Jillian out gallivanting around Montreal this weekend, I felt it my duty to watch and report on the new Star Trek movie in theaters today on behalf of Miss Elizabeth's Ghost. The verdict? Nailed it! A total credit to the Star Trek franchise, special effects, adventure, comedy and cast, the movie had it all. Furthermore, I was delighted to see Leonard Nimoy back in full glory. Typically, I would rate the whole experience a 10, if it weren't for the fact that Jillian was absent in sharing my Junior Mints and Diet Coke...

Maybe if you're lucky you'll get a full review from the spawn of trekky herself, after she's had a chance to see it on the big screen... Live long and prosper and beam me up Scotty. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment