1.26.2009

Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!

I was one of those lame kids that wasn't allowed to watch The Simpsons growing up. That's right, when other kids were representing "don't have a cow man" on their crewneck sweaters and digging to the bottom of their salt and vinegar Humpty Dumpty's for a Homer iron on transfer, I was silently envying them all.

To honor the cartoon, two weeks ago Fox launched a worldwide celebration campaign that will conclude on the 20th anniversary of the series premiere, January 14th, 2010. The "Unleash Your Yellow" campaign will push a series of initiatives throughout the year beginning with a poster contest you can enter through their site currently.

Much like punk rock, vegetarianism, and tattoos, my mother's disapproval fueled my teenage angsty devotions. I'm a big fan of 2D hand drawn animation and adult cartoons in general, but the Simpsons reserve a special place in my heart. I hear this year's episodes are especially on point.

Take that, mom.

1 comment: