5.10.2009

This week in food: 009

Today is Mother's Day and appropriately I would like to dedicate this week in food to my mother, or rather my mother's raspberry pie. A calorie midget when in company of other desserts, with a light flakey crust, and about a million fresh, tart berries.


Up next, is a seasonal delicacy that always reminds me of my family. Every spring my little sister, mom and I would spend Easter at our cottage. A rundown cabin without running water or electricity situated in the middle of a 100 acre forest. The fresh water stream that ran through the property nourished an abundance of wild fiddlehead ferns. Throughout our visits to the cabin in spring we'd eat plenty of them, boiled on the wood stove and served around a picnic table. I purchased these fiddleheads from a wicker bike basket in Kensington Market.


Miss Elizabeth's Ghost would like to wish our mother's a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment