4.14.2009

Baltimore on Toronto

A funny thing about American tourists is they never make a point of saying what province or city they're coming to here. We're just Canada. When I'm visiting family down south, they'll tell me excitedly "I just met someone else from Canada... do you know them?" but will have no idea where. The stereotype still rings true.

I was seriously caught off-guard about two months back when I got an email from an art director at Baltimore Magazine asking for permission to use one of my photographs. She explained it was for a travel piece in the magazine on roadtripping to Toronto and I agreed. Well, the article is out now (without pics on the web) and they've name-dropped a few of our standbys: dim sum on Spadina, Udupi Palace, St. Lawrence Market, and the list goes on. Also, the subplot about hitting up Orioles games in each town is good fun and not unlike the pursuits of Stephanie and Diego. Now that's showing a city respect!

Wouldn't it be fun to recreate this trip and see what Baltimore, the charm city has to offer, in addition to baseball?

No comments:

Post a Comment