1.29.2009

I'll miss you, Miss.

My favorite thing to read in the whole world is comic books, not the super-hero kind, but the indie alternative ones for grown-ups and whiz kids. After comics, second rank goes to Color Magazine, because it's Canadian and fantastic.

But my third favorite read is MissBehave, which is, supposing you don't already know, a really modish, young womens quarterly, based in the big apple. Recently the magazine announced on their website that they will be swapping print for digital come March, and I can't help but be a little mournful.

Partially employed by a print publication myself, and a magazine enthusiast for a coon's age, I've got concerns. The advertisers have spoken and regrettably, it's the final word.

Is the end of the print magazine nigh? Dare I say comics are next? How long before we lose our TTC commuter companions such as Now, Eye and Metro? Am I contributing to the pickle while whining about it via blog?

Tell us what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment